Monday, September 28, 2009

reading response

Wikipedia- Type that is most easy to understand and is most important is that which is appealing to the eye.
My four guidelines are the readability, legibility, density of the script and the font chosen
I found it interesting that typography is subject to different cultural norms.

11 tips-
Grids! I never would have thought of grids! I fully intend to use this pattern in order to create sleek lines and straight lines.

Fonts- I've never thought of typeface as a science, but that's what it's seeming like to me as I look at 'counter' and 'x-height' etc etc. (by the by- I now know what was meant when we'd start dreaming of typeface)

8 ways to improve- I know that the mind processes more information when reading from right to left, and it tends to gloss over the bottom right more than it does the bottom left. I hope to incorporate this into my designs.

No comments: